According to the CDCs 2010 data on Youth Violence regarding students in grades 9-12:
- 5.0% of students did not go to school on one or more days in the 30 days preceding the survey because they felt unsafe at school or on their way to or from school.
- 7.7% of students reported being threatened or injured with a weapon on school property one or more times in the 12 months preceding the survey.
- 19.9% of students reported being bullied on school property in the 12 months preceding the survey; the prevalence was higher among females (21.2%) than males (18.7%).
- 11.1% of students reported being in a physical fight on school property in the 12 months preceding the survey.
What is bullying?
- Hitting, pushing, or slapping
- Name-calling or teasing
- Spreading rumors or social exclusion
Steps to Take
In Your Classroom
In common areas, hallways, etc.
|This should be every teacher's goal.|